Taking care of your skin the right way is vital to naturally keeping your skin looking healthy, hydrated and smooth says our dermal therapist, Chrystal. Here she highlights 7 things you may not know about skin and skin hydration
- Eat right with a stable and balanced diet. Constantly eating the wrong foods, not looking after yourself inside and out or using the wrong products on your skin will cause damage that can, over time, become irreversible. When it comes to the right skin care routine it’s not about picking a product off the shelf, it’s so much more! Eating right and proper hydration is an integral part of your daily skincare routine!
- Berry Power. Berries not only taste great, they contain antioxidants that protect your skin while helping to hydrate your body from the inside out.
- Don’t age prematurely. Did you know that dehydrated skin mimics the exact signs of ageing? Why look older than you have to if this can be prevented simply?
- What skin type do you have? Skin types vary from person to person. You can have oily skin, dry skin, or combination skin. One thing that is consistent and not based on your skin type is dehydrated skin. Everyone will likely experience skin dehydration at some point. Dehydrated skin is not the same as having dry skin. Dry skin is actually caused by the lack of natural oil being produced. Dehydrated skin is caused by the lack of water in your skin.
- What are the signs of skin dehydration? With so many factors that cause Dehydration. It’s important to make sure you are looking for the signs that your skin is dehydrated. Signs that your skin is dehydrated are dullness, tightness within the skin, itchiness, roughness, and flakiness, which starts the process of premature ageing
- What causes dehydration? Dehydration is caused by many external factors in your everyday living. The most common causes of dehydration are weather, environment, diet, caffeine consumption and lifestyle choices, all of which can result in you losing your hydration levels constantly
- The Power of Super Fruits. Oranges are a great source of water, fiber, antioxidants and several nutrients. The water and fiber in oranges may promote feelings of fullness, while helping to hydrate you too. This sweet treat is incredibly healthy and may provide a number of health benefits. These include vitamin C and potassium, which may boost your immune function and heart health.
To find out more about your skin and your skin’s needs call Le Sands Clinic to book your complimentary skin consultation 02 9567 0399